We Put Together an Expert Support Team
Planning to Age in Place involves so many inter-related aspects of our lives. That’s why Evermore Homes has assembled a team of professionals from several fields to work with you, each with a very important role to play. Each professional has been carefully selected based on experience, results, and customer satisfaction. Your dedicated Certified Age in Place Specialist serves as the captain of the team – coordinating, communicating, and problem-solving – taking this burden off your shoulders.
Certified Age in Place Specialist (CAPS)
- Conducts the in-home assessment.
- Coordinates input from all team members.
- Presents options and costs/benefits.
- Prepares the action plan and timeline.
- Communicates with team members and holds them accountable for on-time delivery and quality of work.
- Handles troubleshooting.
- Is your main point of contact, communicating frequently with you and your family members.
- Provides referrals to other services as needed.
Occupational Therapist (OT)
- Works side-by-side with the CAPs on the in-home assessment if a family member has an injury, illness or disability.
- Identifies and prioritizes modifications with the medical diagnosis and prognosis in mind.
- Defines scope of work to be completed and obtains competitive quotes from subcontractors.
- Obtains building permits if necessary.
- Oversees subcontractors through completion.
- Works with you to design age in place modifications that suite your personal style.
- Prepares 3D visual renderings to help you with design choices.
- If your home is to be sold, can prepare 3D virtual “updates” to give potential buyers a vision of the possibilities.
- Can do the same for a home you are considering for purchase.
- If downsizing, will prepare floor plans with furniture placement to show you how your furniture will fit in your new space.
- Will help you select new furniture as needed.
Real Estate Professional
- Conducts a market analysis of comparable homes to assist you in setting the optimal market price for your home.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the marketability of your home, such as staging.
- Markets your home, coordinates showings and open houses.
- Negotiates offers.
- Identifies potential homes to purchase, tapping into a national network of real estate professionals if your decision is to relocate.
- Performs market analysis to help you determine an offer price for your new home and negotiates the offer.
- Coordinates the many details and deadlines associated with the real estate transactions.
- Proposes methods to finance your renovations such as a reverse mortgage or home equity line of credit.
- Provides terms and rates for mortgage products if you are purchasing a new home.
- Helps you chose the best method of financing your renovations or home purchase in line with your overall financial, retirement planning, risk management, and wealth management strategies.
- Makes recommendations to help you protect your investment in your home and preserve your assets.
- Provides guidance on estate planning and educates on issues of elder law.
- Proposes recommendations and prepares necessary legal documents.
- Helps you organize and tackle your packing in manageable steps.
- Helps you categorize items to be:
- packed and moved to your new home
- gifted to friends or family
- donated to charity
- sold at an estate sale or online
- Can do the actual physical work of packing and handling estate sales and donations.
- Identifies and provides access to other resources as needed.
- Assists in obtaining available funding for modifications, for example through the VA for a disabled Veteran.